- Certificate in Education (1972)
- Bachelor's Degree with honours - University of Sussex (1973)
- during this time he underwent psychoanalysis for two years in support of his study of psychology.
- Masters Degree - University of Bristol (1981)
- specialising in psychology and psychodynamic theory
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy (1985).
He continues to attend courses with psychologists and therapists from England and America to improve his skills and understanding.
- Fellow* - International Association of Hypno-Analysts (1991)
- Fellow* - the Association for Professional Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (2003)
- General Hypnotherapy Register
- Accredited Hypnotherapist - National Council of Hypnotherapist
* Fellowships are awarded upon merit, for services to the profession.
- Articles in Hypnotherapy Journals including "Motivation Techniques", "Secondary Gains" and many others
- Contributor - The Guide To Natural Therapies - Lorenz Books - 1996
- Author - Instant Meditation for Stress Relief - Anness Publishing -1996
- Support and Training materials for other therapists - Sport, Stress Management etc.
Author - Meditation - 2006
- TV. - "Kilroy", "The Time The Place", "The West This Week" and various cable television productions for Wire Television.
- Radio - Radio Bristol & GWR
- Newspaper Articles - The Sun, The Daily Mail and local newspapers